Senior Java Software Engineer
In this role you will own the design and development of some of our core backend systems. Our problems range from high-throughput Complex Event Processing to geospatial models. Your experience in developing JVM server systems, should enable you to learn and integrate new technologies like GraphQL or Serverless frameworks.
You will be working in a startup and agile environment supported by our cloud and big data infrastructure. This is an intellectually challenging role for science-savvy candidates within a market leader of the industry.
What we offer:
- Learning. Challenge. Diversity. You’ll never get bored!
- The opportunity to learn AWS cloud from practitioners, not from books
- Once in a lifetime opportunity to front run innovation on an industry yet to be disrupted
- Use of the latest technologies and great flexibility to pick up best tools for the job
- Completely green field: you'll be the application designer and owner
- Start-up environment associated to an industry leader in logistics
- Competitive salary for the right candidates
What we are looking for:
- Strong experience in Java 8+ . Experience with other JVM languages such as Clojure, Scala or Kotlin is an advantage. Overall we require a sound knowledge of software engineering targeting OOP and Dependency Injection
- Python experience is a very strong plus. It will be expected that candidates become fluent on both and apply the most effective in each task
- Practical experience on working with relational and/or NoSQL databases
- Practical experience on working with messaging solutions such as Kafka or Kinesis. Experience in Complex Event Processing systems is a plus
- Front-end experience developing SPA applications beneficial (e.g. Angular, React,..)
- Experience in geospatial technologies highly valued
- Experience with AWS, Docker and microservices a clear plus
- Experience with Linux, bash, git desired
- High level of written and spoken English
- Apply only if you have European citizenship or already have a work permit for Poland
Note: our hiring process requires a commitment of about 20 hours, that includes a programming challenge to assess your technical flexibility.